Powered by Blogger.

Michelle Young Cafe @ Aurora Place, Bukit Jalil

by - January 29, 2021

Hi everyone! I'm back after a long hiatus because my foodie friend motivated me to get back to blogging. I'll be sharing about this cafe that just opened a month ago in the neighbourhood.
Michelle Young is a self-taught baker and has established @bakesandinks and @bake.1n over the years and now her cafe sells cakes and desserts. I am so happy I don't have to travel far (I have yet to try DouDou/ Kenny Hills/ Croisserie/ Universal Bakehouse etcetc TT) for good bakes because this is only 10 minutes away from me!

The entire place is well decorated like an English tea house, every corner of the cafe is so cozy and aesthetic, and the vibes are just so comfortable. They're still not open for dine-in at the moment but takeaways and deliveries are welcomed. Just look at this spread! Isn't it so instagrammable? 

I've tried most of the desserts over the past few weeks so let me introduce you to some of my favourites. 

Firstly, the Tiramisu Doughnut (RM12).
THIS DOUGHNUT IS THE REAL BOMB. The fluffiness is so on point, and the mascarpone cheese with coffee is so good along with some chocolate chips in it. The texture is amazing and everyone has to try this! It's a fairly new item on the menu and the best selling doughnut is the pistachio flavoured one. The pistachio doughnut was top on my list until this came out. Life changing.

Secondly, cookies.

The whole shop smells like cookies so you definitely need to grab one of these! The price is at RM12-15 which might be quite pricey for some, but for all the premium ingredients used I have to say it is WORTH IT. I personally tried baking these chunky cookies before and I know the ingredients needed for these are not cheap at all. I was never a fan of white chocolate because I think it's too sweet, however their White Chocolate Raspberry Macadamia cookie totally changed my mind. I love how it's not too sweet and has the fruity taste of the raspberry in it. Triple Dark Chocolate and Matcha Nutella Hazelnut are also my favourites whereas the S'mores is their best seller.

Scones
I have to say, the scones from Michelle Young are even better than most of the ones I had in UK. They're so buttery and the texture is amazing as well because most of the ones out there are too dry and crumbly. It really makes a difference using premium ingredients as it is made up of the simplest ingredients. It is RM12 for a set of two where you can have it plain (served with butter and homemade strawberry jam) or with salted caramel drizzle.

Belle Cupcake (RM12)

Belle is the mini version of Isabelle (strawberry chiffon cake) from Bakes and Inks. I never knew an ordinary vanilla moist cake can taste so GOOD. It smells so good and buttery and goes so well with their homemade strawberry jam in the middle. 

Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Cake (RM15)
If you love chocolatey desserts, this is the cake you MUST order. The cake is soooooo rich with chocolate, and I really like the chocolate ganache with sea salt! This cake might be a little sweet for some but for you chocolate cake fans out there, this is the perfect treat. It does get a little hard if you keep it in the fridge so do let it rest outside for awhile before eating it.

Tiramisu (RM24)

They do weekend specials such as Tiramisu and Banana Cake! This tiramisu is kids and muslim friendly since there's no alcohol in it, but I personally prefer mine with a hint of rum. Nonetheless the coffee is really strong and it's really soft and creamy too!

Snowy Oolong Tea (RM9)

I have to say I really like this drink!! The tea is very aromatic and it blends so well with the cheese foam on top. I was quite worried that the cheese will be too strong but it turned out perfect. 

Matcha Strawberry Milk (RM15)
This drink is surprisingly good too! Didn't know what to expect because it seemed like too many flavours mixing together but they complement each other so well. I would prefer the matcha foam to be a tad stronger. The sweetness of the strawberry jam is just right, and it goes perfectly with the milk and matcha when they're all mixed together. 

Everything they sell is so good and I honestly can't pick something that I don't like! Love how everything is not too sweet and just perfect for my liking. Everything is so ADDICTIVE I swear I go on beepit every few days to check out what they have for the day. I also follow their Instagram so it's pretty torturing looking at all the yummy bakes every single day. They're having MCO bundles at the moment, plus if you stay around Bukit Jalil/ Puchong, make sure to check them out! You won't regret it.


Michelle Young Cakes and Desserts
Online store: Beepit.com
Opening hours: 10:30am - 5:30pm (Close on Tuesdays)
Phone: 016-986 9303
Address: C-1-8, Aurora Place, Bukit Jalil, 57000 Kuala Lumpur


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Engaging post! First time seeing such lovely cafe theme in KL area. Those desserts look really nice and cant wait to try it :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! Yes the cafe is really lovely, do check it out!!!

      Delete