Powered by Blogger.

wqeats in Melbourne

by - December 31, 2019

Melbourne has way too many good food I'M SHOOK. I don't remember having anything that is not good, most of them left me WOW and hence this blog post is dedicated to all the food. And of course, the coffee culture is excellent, even the one I bought from 7 Eleven was good. Not really a coffee person but I can't help having at least one every day. Eating out in Melbourne is definitely not cheap if you were to convert it from MYR. These are the places that I went to, including some of my personal favourties and also recommendations from Melbourners. Please do comment below if you have something to suggest!

Best Matcha Latte in town: Little Rogue
There is no signboard on the shop and it's hidden behind the main streets so tbh I was kinda lost and unsure. 
I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS PLACE. I had my first sip and was immediately craving for more already. I came back again on my second last day and ALMOST bought the whole bag of matcha powder hahahaha. Their matcha cheesecake was really good too. 

Gelateria Primavera
THIS HAS GOT TO BE MY FAVOURITE GELATO I HAD IN MELB. Even my melb friends didn't know about this place but this yoghurt and honeycomb flavour is DA BOMB.

Shortstop Coffee & Donuts
They only do these few flavours and this Maple Walnut + Brown Butter one is just soooo good. The doughnut is so fluffy and the sweetness is exactly to my liking.

Universal Restaurant
This place is famous for their XXL schinitzel (and considerably cheap eats in Melb). The restaurant is huge with lots of seats but we still queued for like half an hour.

Dragon Hot Pot
Another cheap eats I guess because it is a buffet style where you pick your ingredients and they cook it for you. The mala soup is great (and ofc spicy) but fret not as there's a variety of soup bases you can choose from. Still don't get why it's called hot pot bc it's nothing like the hot pot we have in msia??

Pho Bo Ga Mekong Vietnam
I was shocked when LS told me she has these noodles almost every week. But once I tasted it, I can immediately understand why???!? This pho is honestly just so amazing everything is so on point, from the broth to the beef to the noodles.

Humble Rays
This cafe is located further up near Queen Victoria Market and was the first proper meal I had in Melbourne. The portion is HUGE and honestly, one plate is more than enough for the both of us to share.

The Hardware Société
Came here after seeing that it's near to the place I stayed at and they're famous for their chorizo baked eggs. This was my second day brunch and I immediately feel that I can't afford cafe brunch every day :X

Lune Croissanterie
And of course, the very hyped (and expensive) croissant place in Melb. I went to the one at Fitzroy and had a reaaallllyyyyy long walk as it is out of the free tram zone. But still I enjoyed exploring the area and also the aesthetics of the warehouse. Wanted to try more of the pastries but I was alone and couldn't finish another portion by myself.



Hash Specialty Coffee
Famous for their dark chocolate drink with fairy floss. The hot chocolate is really thick I was so full after drinking it before even having my main. (Their brunch looked real fancy but yo girl here can only afford eggs on toast lolol)

Pidapipo
I had the Fior Di Latte flavour and it's pretty unique, not vanilla but milky gelato. It was a COLD WINTER night but the queue was like two shoplots long?

Green Me Yoghurt
I wanted to have boba and try something special so I went for their purple rice yogurt thingy and tbh it's kinda weird lmao but acceptable I guess but definitely not for everyone.

8bit
As you can see I'm trying to have all sorts of food here in Melb so here's a burger joint hahah. Loved  the fries and the burgers were good too!
In the frame: Golden Axe (fried chicken) & Altered Beast (Beef)

Ramen Bankara
Needed a quick asian fix after all the cafe food.

Gami Chicken & Beer
Ran out of ideas on what to eat and saw this korean fried chicken place and decided to just go for it. Turns out to be pretty good too.

The Pancake Parlour
Food was just okay imo? Probably because we didn't order their signature?
In the frame: French Toast Pancake & Alice's Wonderland Surprise

Winter Night Market @ QVM
I was really lucky to be able to go for the last day of the winter night market. Love the atmosphere over there but ofc totally went out of budget hahaha market food ain't cheap at all. Soz for the low quality pics p/s these are only half the food we had.



The Doughnut Kitchen
This truck is located at Queen Victoria Market. There was a long queue when I was there but I don't really understand the hype? It's not somewhere I will visit again though. It has I think raspberry/ strawberry jam in the mini doughnut balls.

Market Lane Coffee
Another coffee stop at the QVM.

South Melbourne Market
This place is really worth the visit imo. It really has the market vibes compared to QVM.


Also, I knew I had to try the oyster because it was SO CROWDED. People are having dozens of it, sashimi, sea urchins etc and there's me getting ONE oyster hahahahaha.



Agathé Pâtisserie
The main store is located at South Melbourne Market and there's also one in Royal Arcade. Their croissants are highly recommended and on par with Lune. My friend highly recommended their pandan croissant and I went there THREE times but still didn't have the chance to buy it sigh.


ST. ALi
This coffee shop was on my top 1 go to. MC told me to order black coffee to taste the beans and TADAA the first ever americano I ordered in my life. I really cannot comment much on the coffee because I'm no expert but the beans are generally sour-y and it was quite an experience.



Apollo Bay Bakery
We made a lunch stop here during our Great Ocean Road tour. Our tour guide recommended the Lamington cake which is an aussie thing, butter cake topped with chocolate and coconut flakes.

Dooleys Ice Cream
Another place highly recommended by the tour guide and other visitors that went for the Great Ocean Road tour.

You May Also Like

0 comments