Powered by Blogger.

Photography Workshop | Kingstreet Café @ Taman Seputeh

by - June 27, 2017

I attended a photography workshop few days ago, and it's by my favourite instagrammer @squarepad which I've been following for more than 1.5 years by now. I wanted to join since the very first workshop but was too shy, but finally decided to step out of my comfort zone and attended his 5th workshop.

Long story short, when I first saw the location on the workshop notes, I had totally no idea where this place was. As usual, I went to Mr Google and dig out some information about this cafe. There was very limited blog reviews about it so I thought it's a new cafe in town, but apparently it has been operating since September 2015. The cafe is located at the left end of Plaza Perabot Taman Seputeh, adjacent to Federal Highway.

The question that came to my mind was: a cafe at a furniture store? why so weird?
The director of Brezza Living decided to set up a cafe at his furniture gallery in order to accommodate people who needed a break / needs time to decide when purchasing furniture without them leaving the gallery for a meal and then return again. (source) Besides, the cafe is also furnished with items from Brezza Living so if you like the chair you're sitting on, you can bring it back home x)

The workshop focuses on food photography, hence I did not take any photos of the exterior and interior as this blog post wasn't planned at all but I have too many photos to share!


OK actually I did randomly take 2... but I was just testing out what the Fade iphone camera filter can do. (normal on the left and the right is with filter)

Bought my mirrorless camera around a week ago and I finally got the chance to bring it out for a mini shoot! The rest of the photos are from my iPhone though because it's easier to do flatlays with a phone.

It's actually really nice to enjoy your breakfast sitting by the huge windows!

Pouring shot-
We used up bottles of water for this ahaha. Probably drank half and used the other half to water the plants.

Inception shot-
I... tried. This will definitely require more practice to master and I've never stood on a chair to do something like this lololol.

Phone on coffee-
Please.. do not zoom in and point out the flaws D;

So... we spent around 2 hours taking photos and I cannot comment on the food since it's all cold. However, my boyfriend was there waiting for me and he said the carbonara, toffee banana cake and latte he ordered were good. Some of the food below are not in their current menu, I hope I didn't name them wrongly.
British Double Egg (RM16)

Kingstreet Big Breakfast (RM30)

Loin Cheese Croissant (RM20)

Mushrooms of Umami (RM26) on the left

Clockwise: Chicken Spinach Leek Pie (RM20), Mom's Really Spicy Noodles (RM24), Spaghetti Bar Italia (RM22), Secret Corn One-O-One (RM18)


MY. FIRST. TIME. EVER. DOING. SUCH. A. HUGE. FLATLAY.
and i'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy


For dessert, we had the #toastgasm (RM16) and it really was TOAST-GASM.
The dish is basically toasted brioche drizzled and torched with gula melaka, served with a scoop of Pandan ice-cream. The combination is really perfect, and no doubt the locals' favourite. The toast itself is buttery, crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. The Pandan ice-cream has a really smooth texture, the scent was not strong and you might be wondering what flavour it is at the first bite. The owner told us that he looked for Inside Scoop to supply the ice-cream, after rounds of r&d together. The dish is also sprinkled with edible fiber from fruits/vege (I forgot). Definitely a must-order when you visit this cafe. 

Their menu-
They have another huge menu and I think this is new since it's not laminated(?)


Thanks Ryan for this opportunity and also Kingstreet Cafe for hosting. I definitely gained alot from him and also from the other participants. Hope to meet up with them in the future :)
*I'll add in more non-food photos by the workshop photographers when they're uploaded and can be accessed :)

Meanwhile, do show some love to my food account @wqeats ;)



621, Jalan 2/87G, Taman Seputeh, 58000 Kuala Lumpur.
Opening hours: 9:30am-10:30pm daily (closed on Tuesdays)



You May Also Like

0 comments