Powered by Blogger.

WO Concert 2014: The Composers' Silhouette

by - July 29, 2014

The concert was 3 weeks ago, and finally I have the time to update about the concert lol. 

It was our orchestra's 4th concert, and this year we did it at Yak Chee hall. It was on the 12th of July from  3 to 5pm.

We reached Yak Chee around 8am and started with some section practice, doing some last minute preparations and etc.

Had lunch after that and then we changed into our attire and get some make-up on.

While others were changing, few of us were helping with the audience chair arrangement with the volunteers. We only have less than an hour to arrange everything and open the doors to the audience! Everything was abit rushed as the ticketing booth & stall weren't set up yet.

When the audience started filling the hall, we went up to the back part of the 2nd floor. We hid there and watched the slide show being prepared. Around 3:20pm, we started the concert by playing Negaraku up there and everyone was like "Where's the music from?" haha. 

And when the rest of the world was busy with the opening ceremony, we ran all the way to the backstage to prepare.

Token of appreciation to our conductors & volunteers.

A speech from Regina.

The orchestra started with the strings ensemble, playing pieces such as Spring, Air on G-string and variations on twinkle-twinkle little star. I have to say that the strings section improved ALOT. Many of us were so worried when we heard them rehearsing few days before the concert. Both Mr Siow & Mr Wong were really anxious. As beginners, all of them did a really good job and I do hope they'll put in more effort and improve more.

After the strings ensemble, special programme, which was a performance by our alumni band! They played Abba on Broadway & Big Girls Don't Cry. Listening to them from backstage just aaahhhh good music ;;;;;

After a 15minutes intermission, we continued our concert with the concert band! We played The Thunderer by John Philip Sousa, Invicta and Novena by James Swearingen and Studio Ghibli Anime March Medley by Joe Hisashi.

 But those weren't enough! We prepared 2 encore pieces too haha yea prepared. It was kinda awkward when nobody shouted for the encore at first except my volunteer team lmao.
Lord of The Rings & Jurassic Park!
Jurassic Park w/ Jurassic Park video clip at the background

Tbh I did not do my very best and couldn't play as well compared to the rehearsals. I was running up and down for the whole day and my mouth got so dry though I drank water before going on stage but it was still really dry and if I force myself to play I'll squeak really ridiculously :/

After the concert, clean-up. D:
Stacking back 800chairs oh dear and the tough part was putting all of them below the stage. It was steep and hot down there, it wasn't an easy job at all. I followed them down and climbed on the chairs heh it was pretty fun hahaha! You don't often get the chance to climb on a stack of 13+ chairs! 

I would like to thank the following people for making this concert a success. 
- Pn Chong, Pn Chua & Pn Swandaram for approving our proposal and guiding us throughout the concert preparations. 
- Mr Siow & Mr Wong, for guiding us, coming for our extra practices and helping us in everything.

- Yak Chee's PIBG for renting us the hall with a discounted price. 
- The sponsors for funding our concert. 
- Everyone who bought the tickets, we might have an empty hall concert if none of you bought the tickets. The ticket sales increased tremendously from 29% to 62% in a week! ((Because all of us freaked out when the ticket sales weren't improving))
- All the members for staying back, sacrificing time and hardwork to prepare for the concert. 
- All the concert committee for preparing everything behind the scenes to make sure everything goes well.

- Photographers : Kow Kay Bin & Jonathan Toh
- Emcees: Isaaac & Maisarah
The emcees' silhouette.

Last but not least, my dear volunteers. I felt bad when all of you have only a pack of nasi lemak for lunch bcs I think that seriously wasn't filling enough. Sorry for all the last minute changes and miscommunications which sometimes lead to some scolding from others. Sorry if I was too harsh and might sound like scolding you guys at times. I sincerely apologize and I hope all of you had fun being a volunteer. Thank you so much for everything. (I would like to treat you guys dinner but I don't have any money hehe oops) You guys did a really great job and I was seriously so proud of everyone of you when I heard some parents praising you guys :D Thank you for helping out ♡

You May Also Like

0 comments