Powered by Blogger.

My Journey with SAFE

by - August 25, 2017

My first year of university has been fruitful with SAFE (Sunway Actuarial and Financial Excellence). If you're doing BAS/BFA/BFE, I would strongly recommend you to join this club!

SAFE Welcoming Event
Of ice-breakings and meeting new people.
Team Omega



SAFE Hedgemaster Symposium
This is a big scale event where a series of talks and workshops were held. I got to learn more about hedging and also about the stock market.


After signing up for the Leadership Program (where we had trainings etc to prepare us to join the club's committee board in the following year), we had a 3D2N camp at Outbac Broga and that was indeed the most memorable event.

SAFE Leadership Camp
I don't quite remember what we did since I'm writing this almost a year late... We had lots of team building games on the first two days then hiked up Broga Hill on the third day.

And the typical drama stuff which gave us a huge headache but I think we did quite well ;)

I thought I was all ready but when I stepped up it was so scaryyyyyyyyy took me a couple of minutes before I decided to jump bc the lady wouldn't give me a push.

Woke up at around 4(?) for this. Didn't get to catch the sunrise because it was cloudy but it was a really good experience.

And of course we Team Zombie won the first place heh


First time: Hiking broga ✓ 
flying fox ✓
rock climbing ✓


SAFE CNY Gathering Party
We were separated under 3 兵 "pengs" ie milo peng, kopi peng & teh peng. This party is the first event my peng planned. I was involved in drafting emails and doing in-class promotions. The members had some games at uni whilst we prepared the food for bbq at Nadayu and they came over after that. (You can't spot me in the picture below because I went back early to have reunion dinner with my extended fam)


Industrial Visit to Tokio Marine
We get to know more about the industry, working environment, industry career opportunities with the company (and had free breakfast and lunch).


A Glimpse into the Financial World
My peng organised a workshop where we invited speakers from EY & JP Wall to give a talk.
My first time wearing so formal with a blazer k let me take a mirror selfie.


SAFE Clash of Sports 2.0
I volunteered to help the other peng for this event and it was so tiringgggggg my muscles were hella sore for the whole week.


Mystery Under The Masquerade
This inauguration night was the last event with SAFE as a leader. Each peng were required to come out with a performance and we did a talent show thingy with the 6 of us performing to "Beauty and the Beast". We practiced for around 5 times i think? and I didn't see any recordings after that but I hope it wasn't too bad haha. And of course a big thanks to JW for spontaneously joining us to fill in the empty harmony.

I have gained alot throughout the year and I am really blessed to meet these bunch of people. My seniors gave me lots of tips and guidance from time to time and I'm utterly grateful. Would love to be part of the committee but I won't be at Sunway anymore so stay tuned for my stories at UKC!

You May Also Like

0 comments